Wakenya Pamoja Sacco Society has partnered with like minded development partners to further her mission and vision.The partnership has created opportunities for capacity building and knowledge sharing. Currently we have: The Government of Kenya, Cooperative bank of Kenya, CIC Insurance, CIDR, and we are looking for more .
WPS-CIDR MICRO-FINANCE UNIT
The project (microfinance department) is a collaboration between the WPS and CIDR(Centre Internationale de Development et de Recherche)- a French non-governmental organization. CIDR basically offerred technical support for a period of two years. From the results of the market survey carried out,it is clear that these population segments also need credit facilities to;
- Invest in small businesses in order to increase their family revenue base,
- Purchase farm inputs to improve their agricultural production especially in vegetable farming, and
- Acquire a fairly high yielding dairy animal of which the milk so produced will be sold to raise income for the family while a fraction of it will be consumed by the family.
The department will offer affordable credit facilities to the target population segments in Kisii, Gucha and Nyamira districts. The department therefore targets;
- Women involved in vegetable production and / or small business, who are members of existing groups,
- Men who are clients of the WPS, not salaried, involved in small business activities with a track savings record with the WPS.They may either be member of an existing group, or form new groups.
Coffee Development Fund (CODF)
Wakenya Pamoja sacco society maintains good working relation with the government of Kenya and all the stake holders in the sub_sector. Recently WPS was appointed by the government to be an agent of CoDF to disburse coffee funds(Farm input loans). WPS was allocated gusiiland and its surrounding districts.So far it has disbursed 10 Million to coffee farmers to improve coffee production.
Read more on CoDF operations